Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KidCudi5

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 11, 2011
When I boot my computer it comes up to the apple logo and has the loading wheel beneth it then after a minute or 2 a bar appears underneath the wheel. The bar stays for a while then leaves, it does this 3 times then the computer shuts down. I then proceeded to boot in single user mode to see if I could find the problem. Every thing boots fine until it tries to mount Disk0s2. It fails and says errno:19
it tries about 7 times and then says mounted read-only. I then try to boot from single user mode. It then says Disk0s2 I/O error 3 times. and powers down. How do I fix this. I have no startup disk. :eek:

KidCudi5

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 11, 2011
Details

I ran single user mode and /sbin/fsck -fy
** /dev/rdisk0s2
** Root file system
Executing fsck_hsf
disk0s2: I/O error.
** Checking Journaled HFS Plus volume.
** Checking extents overflow file.
** Checking catalog file.
disk0s2: I/O error.
Invalid node structure
(4, 13300)
** the volume Macintosh HD could not be verified
/dev/rdisk0s2 (hfs) EXILED WITH SIGNAL 8
:/ root#

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Sounds like your hard drive is toast. Boot from your install DVD and run Disk Utility to see if you can repair the disk.

logana

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2006
Scotland
Sounds like your hard drive is toast. Boot from your install DVD and run Disk Utility to see if you can repair the disk.

He does not have a "startup disk" - best bet would be to buy a retail copy of Snow Leopard - but it does sound like that the hard disk is toast...

What kind of Mac - MacBook or what ??

KidCudi5

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 11, 2011
Update

I Finally got the system to mount by creating a new user through single user mode. I then proceed to use disk utillity to verifiy. It said the disk need to be repair, but not having a startup disk is frustrating. I then obtained a copy of DiskWarrior from my friend. I used it to repair the disk. It worked fine the first time I booted but then next time I tried it boot with the error loading drivers symbol (Circle with a slash through it). i tried diskwarrior again. but nothin

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.