Hardest Preorder - iPhone X for T-Mobile

Bootleg Gucci

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 16, 2013
NoVA
Based on what my friends and I have been seeing since preorder, the delivery time for T-Mobile 256 iPhoneX slipped the fastest which likely means this model had the highest initial demand for ordering. (Likely due to no carrier account verification)

For instance, those of us (T-Mobile orders) who got Apple Store confirmation emails by 3:04am already had delivery dates slip to 1-2 weeks (Nov 10-17) for T-Mobile models.

Lots of people are posting they got 11/3 launch delivery for AT&T and Verizon iPhoneX who got their orders in later. As late as 3:30am, my Apple Store app showed 11/3 pickup dates still available for Verizon and Sprint iPhone X models here in DC metro area.

Thoughts?

Reactions: AlphaGuitarist

man4857

macrumors member
Dec 19, 2016
Gilbert, AZ
When I got into the Apple Store it was already 2-4 weeks with delivery around 11/17-11/24. As soon as I saw that, I went to Verizon and ordered one through there. The Verizon model is unlocked and works with GSM carriers too. I've done that with the 6 and 6S.

MacTea

macrumors member
Apr 11, 2014
My TMob 64GB Silver that processed at 3:07 on Apple's site has 1-2 weeks window.

justinf77

macrumors 6502
May 18, 2003
I haven't seen anyone yet reporting launch day delivery for a T-Mobile phone. Only in-store pickup. Very weird.

trek360

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2011
Based on what my friends and I have been seeing since preorder, the delivery time for T-Mobile 256 iPhoneX slipped the fastest which likely means this model had the highest initial demand for ordering. (Likely due to no carrier account verification)

For instance, those of us (T-Mobile orders) who got Apple Store confirmation emails by 3:04am already had delivery dates slip to 1-2 weeks (Nov 10-17) for T-Mobile models.

Lots of people are posting they got 11/3 launch delivery for AT&T and Verizon iPhoneX who got their orders in later. As late as 3:30am, my Apple Store app showed 11/3 pickup dates still available for Verizon and Sprint iPhone X models here in DC metro area.

Thoughts?
Yeah TMobile definitely seems most popular due to no verification, then verizon.

Carrier sites had way less traffic than apple it seems. I couldn't even get in apple app or apple.com but was a breeze on ATT.com and got a Nov 3 date. Took over 90 minutes for SG to slip to Nov 10 on ATT. Silver still was at Nov 3 last I saw.

AlphaGuitarist

macrumors 6502a
Nov 12, 2014
I’m on AT&T, but preordered the T-Mobile variant to bypass the carrier check. I got into the app at around 3:04 EST and completed the process in under a minute, receiving the confirmation e-mail a few seconds later (time stamped 3:05 EST). The ship date displayed 1-2 weeks as soon as I pulled up my configuration of choice (space grey, 256GB) from my favorites. It’s highly likely that T-Mobile variants were the most popular.

rumz

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2006
Utah

Thoughts?
Interesting theory. Based on my own experience waiting in lines and such, in the past at least, it’s that Apple appears to have allocated less inventory for T-Mobile than other carriers (I was the first t-mobile customer in line and they had none of certain models for t-mobile where there were notably more available for AT&T, etc.)

Who knows. Maybe T-Mobile demand is that much higher now... either way, they *still* do not support demand on t-mobile as well as they do for other carriers.

Edit: caveat— at Least via the Apple store. T-Mobile.com shows much earlier shipping dates and, if memory serves, orders from t-mobile usually arrive sooner. Maybe it’s just a different dynamic / more t-mo phones are allocated to the carrier’s sales channel than Apple’s own.

Last edited:

mellofello

macrumors 65816
Feb 1, 2011
I casually called in and placed my order. We will see when it arrives but they said launch day.

Cyberguycpt

macrumors 6502a
Sep 28, 2014
Over on Tmobile Carrier preorders it isnt that bad, I called in at 5am for the 64 GB Silver and its still available for launch day delivery. I was pretty suprised as I was going to sit this preorder out, but what the hell. Lol In for one. I normally would have went for the black but realised it doesn't matter this generation as the front is almost without bezels. I hate the white front on the Iphones of past because the black front seems more emersive which should not be a problem this generation. I think Apple finally came up with a paywall that many people wont even dare touch. I mean if your on equimpent installment plan you have to pay $279 upfront and still make monthly payments for the lowest model i would have thoughtit would have been weeks of delays. Glad im on Jump on Demand, 0 down, free overnight shipping and if the phone has issues I can Jump to another phones after 30 days.

patricem

macrumors 6502
Nov 18, 2005
I got in right at 3:01 and also ordered the T-mobile, full pay, to avoid any delay time verification. It slipped immediately to 2-3 weeks. Then I ordered ATT AUP and got that in with no issue and got the Nov 3rd delivery date. I didnt have any trouble at all getting into the app. Now, I have 2 phones coming. I will cancel the T-mobile or maybe sell.

xxMACxx

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2008
1 256gb/SG at 3:04, 1 256gb/SG at 3:05. Both in store pick up. Delivery was 11/10.

i hate phones

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2010
Philly Suburbs, PA
I noticed the same thing. The Apple store app didn’t work until a few minutes late but shipping times were already at nov 10. I got in store pickup for launch day though. Noticed space gray models for Verizon were still available for in store pick up hours after preorders started. And some sprint phones were still available in store this morning.
[doublepost=1509111183][/doublepost]
Tmo launch day delivery order here. Order processed at 2:02 CST.
What site did you order through?

Jimmie Geddes

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2007
A friend wanted me to order one for him as well, managed to get him T-Mobile silver 256GB via Apple's website using Firefox on my MacBook Pro with delivery in 2–3 weeks Delivers: Nov 17 - Nov 24, I got the confirmation email at 3:13 EST.

Used the Apple Store app on my 7 Plus and order went through 3:05 am for Verizon 256GB Space Gray iPhone with delivery on Nov. 3.

The Apple Store app on my iPad mini didn't come alive for at least 2 hours.

democracyrules

Suspended
Nov 18, 2016
When I got into the Apple Store it was already 2-4 weeks with delivery around 11/17-11/24. As soon as I saw that, I went to Verizon and ordered one through there. The Verizon model is unlocked and works with GSM carriers too. I've done that with the 6 and 6S.
Verizon model is the best model in the market as it is a universal / world phone.

JonathanK81

macrumors 6502a
Feb 7, 2006
Damn you’re the first I have seen. Congrats! This is for delivery and not in store pickup right?
I'm going to ruin the party and say they didn't order through Apple.com or the app. Cause so far nobody has had a release day delivery for T-Mobile. I hope I'm wrong though.

petsounds

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2007
I ordered immediately through the app and my T-Mobile Silver 64 was the 10th-17th. Same thing happened to a friend. I don't know if it's that Apple produced less T-Mobile units, or the fact that T-Mobile models are unlocked, leading scalpers to buy more.

Honestly couldn't believe it. I've always been able to get an iPhone on launch day. I think I'm going to show up at a store on the 3rd to try to get one. Waiting two weeks doesn't feel like much of a 10th anniversary celebration.