Hardest Video Game you have played

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by dukebound85, Apr 21, 2012.

1. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

I am not a gamer, aside form the occasional madden game or guitar hero, etc

However, I busted out the SNES and N64 and was playing some of the games. Anyways, I put in Turok 2 and I instantly remember how hard that game was. Even with all of the cheats, I have never beaten a single level nor have gotten close to it.

Have any of you played that game? What is the hardest game you remember playing? I was also playing mega man and that got annoyingly hard too lol

2. dmr727 macrumors G3

dmr727

Dark Castle. That game was crazy hard, at least for me. Pretty amazing game for its time, though.

3. MorphingDragon macrumors 603

MorphingDragon

If you wan't a modern example, Demon's Souls or Dark Souls.

However my favourite hard game is Silent Hill 2. :cool:

4. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

Diablo II. Do you know how hard it is to have a life when you're playing that game?!

:D

Probably Sim City 2000, it was the only game that ever gave me temper tantrums... probably due to my (lack of) age though, not how hard the game actually was.

5. Michael383 macrumors 6502a

The hardest one for me was Ghosts and Goblins.

6. And macrumors 6502

And

Without a doubt Ikaruga for GameCube. Insanely difficult.

7. Antares macrumors 68000

Antares

Battletoads
    The Adventures of Bayou Billy
    ...both on the NES

8. Starfighter, Apr 22, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2012

Starfighter macrumors 6502a

Starfighter

Ibara.

It's not that it's the most extreme bullet hell out there, more that the bullets are some times very sneaky and hard to spot. Add to this a very busy scoring system with levels, intended deaths and so on and you've got a pretty hard game.

9. fox10078 macrumors 6502

fox10078

World of Warcraft, forsure, Being on the bleeding edge of raiding is hard as ****.

10. Starfighter macrumors 6502a

Starfighter

I wouldn't agree that it's hard, but I DO agree that it is a favorite! :)

11. charlieegan3 macrumors 68020

charlieegan3

final mission, halo 2, solo legendary

----------

only if you're playing a chess master on HvH:D

12. Tsuchiya macrumors 68020

Tsuchiya

Call of Duty 4 on the Veteran. Probably. The enemies would keep re-spawning so you need to keep pressing forward but you would die after only a few hits.

Any King of Fighters game (seriously, try and master some of the set combos in XIII...you will cry.)

The Ninja Gaiden series can be pretty brutal. There was also this Xbox game called Gun Valkyrie by Sega that I could never complete. Which was a shame, because I was really looking forward to playing it :p

Oh! The original Prince of Persia. How are you meant to complete it in under an hour!? I died so often it wasn't even funny.

It's kind of difficult to name others, for the most part I was quite young when I was playing these games and inexperienced.

13. senseless macrumors 68000

senseless

14. Kyffin macrumors 6502

Solar Jetman for the NES- finally completed about five years ago after chipping away off and on since childhood. Can't really claim the whole tick though as I used a warp hole to skip a few levels- but realistically I'll live with the compromise.

Damn, those early games were TOUGH- played out all the (few) ones I had, but the demands to beat something like Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are insane! Great topic tnx- really brought back some memories:)

15. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

I used to love SimCity 2000 and seeing how big I could make the disasters. Nuclear meltdowns were the best in big cities :).

16. Fazzy macrumors 6502

Haha^

Its probably one of those platform games on sega megadrive. The actual game is fine, until you get to a boss level which is freaking impossible! Especially as there was a limited number of lives, and no saving point in those days.

17. Starfighter macrumors 6502a

Starfighter

Prinny: Can I really be the hero? is also pretty hard.

18. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

Day of the Tentacle and Monkey Island II are the most two challenging games I've ever played. Together they almost took me a year to complete.

19. mfacey macrumors 65816

mfacey

Turok 2 on the N64 was indeed close to impossible. I remember having a tough time in Perfect Dark on the N64 as well. On the PS3 i have a generally hard time with all FPS games. I just can't get the hang of the two analog sticks... Granted i don't spend anywhere near as much time practicing on the PS3 as i used to on the SNES and N64:rolleyes:

20. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

Tedder-tingles is the hardest game I played (and I wrote it!)

It was a small game made as a joke about a co-worker who ended up not taking it as a joke. I thought I was going to lose my job over it so deleted it. (I wrote it on my work computer in C++ and SDL over the course of 2 weeks).

Basically I pasted my co-workers face on top of Tingle's body (I couldn't help it they look identical!) and used that as the main character.

The goal was to fly through a labyrinth of death while collecting things like rainbows, fairies, sparkles, and other things of that nature.

The game was very difficult because it wasn't balanced yet and sadly never got to be because some people out there can dish out jokes all day but can't take one.

Now, for a game everyone knows, I would say the hardest game I can remember was Contra (without the cheats).

...I'm still tempted to remake Tedder-tingles for the iPhone...

21. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

NIS make some hard, repetitive and fun games. But I reckon the hardest game I've played and finished was Rayman Origins and that final/hell level. In co-op, as it's not so difficult on single player.

22. mscriv macrumors 601

mscriv

That was a great game and I did manage to beat it with lots of hard work.

Hmm... Hard Games.

Atari
    - River Raid

Nintendo
    - Ultima III: Exodus
    - Bionic Commando

IOS
    - Gravity Guy

23. acidfast7 macrumors 65816

acidfast7