Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

liteshow

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 20, 2012
With ios 10, I hardly ever need to touch the physical power or home button on the 6s when accessing everyday functions of the phone:

(1) Iphone wakes up when raised

(2) Iphone unlocks with finger print scanned

(3) AssistiveTouch allows me navigate within apps. Navigates from within apps to home, multitask screen, take screenshots, etc without physical buttons.

(4) 3D Assistive Touch allows single force touch on main AT icon to put iphone to sleep.

Reactions: Jetcat3

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
With ios 10, I hardly ever need to touch the physical power or home button on the 6s when accessing everyday functions of the phone:

(1) Iphone wakes up when raised

(2) Iphone unlocks with finger print scanned

(3) AssistiveTouch allows me navigate within apps. Navigates from within apps to home, multitask screen, take screenshots, etc without physical buttons.

(4) 3D Assistive Touch allows single force touch on main AT icon to put iphone to sleep.
Well, AssistiveTouch has been around for some time and of course could help avoid using buttons, but that's nothing really new or unique to iOS 10. It's really just the raise to wake option that's new and changes the need to use a button to wake up the screen first, aside form that it seems about the same as before.

vexorg

macrumors 6502a
Aug 4, 2009
I thought you had to press the home key for it to read the fingerprint.

Anyway, I use the lock key a lot, firstly to lock it, and then used to use it to unlock, now forced to use the home key. Often I have my phone horizontal, on the desk or when I use it out my pocket, that doesn't wake it, so I have to use the home key twice to unlock it.

In summary, you still need the physical buttons!

ThunderMasterMind

macrumors 6502a
Apr 29, 2016
I thought you had to press the home key for it to read the fingerprint.

Anyway, I use the lock key a lot, firstly to lock it, and then used to use it to unlock, now forced to use the home key. Often I have my phone horizontal, on the desk or when I use it out my pocket, that doesn't wake it, so I have to use the home key twice to unlock it.

In summary, you still need the physical buttons!
No, there is an option for rest to unlock, so you don't have to click the home button to unlock it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.