Hardrive not showing up on leapord install! Advice? Important!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Scottvymac, Dec 23, 2008.

1. Scottvymac macrumors newbie

I put the leapord install disk into my computer and started installing it. It went fine until it asked me where to install Leapord:apple:. With all other installs (applications, games, etc...) my hardrive will show up and that's what I'll click on, but here nothing shows up except my iPod that was plugged in. As a note, it worked on my other computers, but is not working on my G5.

What should I do?

Heloooo?

2. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says....are you using a retail 10.5 disc or one that came with another Mac, specifically an Intel-based one? When it gets to the install window can you launch Disk Utility and does the HD show there?

Also - "bump" posts are not allowed here, and it's especially obnoxious after just 15 minutes. As a newbie, you should be having a read through the forum rules so you know what's cool and what isn't around here....take a few minutes - might save a few of your posts/threads from ending up in the ol' wasteland....oh yeah! :)

3. Scottvymac thread starter macrumors newbie

I've got the retail disk. I cant remember if the HD showed up on the Utilities Disk, but i can try again and find out.