hardrive shuts off when closing laptop

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by zunpara, Dec 28, 2009.

1. zunpara macrumors newbie

zunpara

I have a macbook, and I replaced my Super Drive with a DualDrive that I got from powerbook medic. I decided to install Mac OS X on the Dual Drive and it installed correctly, but when ever I close my laptop screen, my hardrive turns off and I have to restart my computer. Is there any way that I can make it so that when I close my laptop screen it does not turn off my hardrive? Thanks!

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

It shouldn't do that in the first place. either something is wrong with your Macbook or you messed something up installing the second drive.

3. quantum003 macrumors 6502a

quantum003

So are you using a second monitor then? Plug in a mouse or keyboard via USB. After you shut the lid, shake the mouse or tap on the keyboard to wake up your computer again.

4. zunpara thread starter macrumors newbie

zunpara

I dont think there is a problem with my macbook, and Im pretty sure I installed the second drive correctly. However, I did use carbon copy cloner to put my data from my old drive onto this one. Could that have done this? Since their used to be a super drive where my dual drive is, do you think that maybe my laptop is just turning it off as part of it's sleep process?