Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dumastudetto

macrumors 603
Original poster
Aug 28, 2013
Los Angeles, USA
Does anyone know of any hardshell cases available designed to fit the current Late 2013 15" Retina MacBook Pro? I've found the Speck ones are prone to cracking and breaking and difficult to fit - and none of them are designed for the latest MacBook Pros. Same with mCover Hard Shells they too say they only fit the older 15" Retina MacBook Pros from 2012:

MC975LL/A or MC976LL/A or ME293LL/A or ME294LL/A

According to the comments on the Apple Store website these older shells do not fit the current Retina MacBook Pros because they are slightly thinner with different port configuration?

Anyone have any recommendations for the current models?

yjchua95

macrumors 604
Apr 23, 2011
GVA, KUL, MEL (current), ZQN
Does anyone know of any hardshell cases available designed to fit the current Late 2013 15" Retina MacBook Pro? I've found the Speck ones are prone to cracking and breaking and difficult to fit - and none of them are designed for the latest MacBook Pros. Same with mCover Hard Shells they too say they only fit the older 15" Retina MacBook Pros from 2012:

MC975LL/A or MC976LL/A or ME293LL/A or ME294LL/A

According to the comments on the Apple Store website these older shells do not fit the current Retina MacBook Pros because they are slightly thinner with different port configuration?

Anyone have any recommendations for the current models?

IIRC, the 15" retinas remain physically unchanged between the Ivy Bridge and the Haswell models.

The 13" Haswell rMBP is slightly thinner than the 13" Ivy Bridge rMBP though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.