Hardshell case for MacPro

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by seclusion, Feb 4, 2008.

1. seclusion macrumors regular

seclusion

Anyone suggest a case I could use to move this thing around.
    About once a month I take my Pro to another recording studio to get all the tracks down in Logic. She's working great, but I'd like to make moving a bit more safe as this is my baby.
    I'd like it to have foam in it or the ability to add foam.
    Thanks for any thoughts.
    Size is
    20.1 " high
    8.9" width
    18.7" depth
    Thanks
    Brian

2. jasone6 macrumors member

This might help you out. I have no experience with these cases, but they look pretty cool.

-J

3. operator207 macrumors 6502

How about a pull around suitcase? one with wheels. Get one bigger than the MP, and put foam in it yourself. It won't look like a computer case, so it will not draw attention, and if you get one big enough, you can put other things in it like ext drive, KB etc. I was a Kohl's yesterday, and they had some suitcases that I am pretty sure a MP would fit in. Though I do not own one, and have no idea what the dimensions are for one. Unless your shipping the MP, or something that would give it a beating to the outside of the case, I would go that route. On the plus side, they would be cheaper than a Tower Case, and if you do not like it, you now have new Luggage!

4. operator207 macrumors 6502

Here is one Link.

Its not hard shell though.

Opps, did not realize this was already posted.

5. ErikAndre macrumors 6502a

ErikAndre

I'd buy that iLugger and place it in a larger suitcase with wheels stuffed with a pillow or two. It'll have all the padding it needs and like the guy said above, it won't look like a computer at all.

6. seclusion thread starter macrumors regular

seclusion

Thanks guys, that ilugger is on the way. $160
    The pelican case looks awesome but $599.
    Have a good one

7. jasone6 macrumors member

Awesome... please post some pics if you can after it arrives. Would love to see it in more detail than is available on the site...

-J