hardshell case for unibody MBP..who makes one?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Malfoy, Dec 21, 2008.

1. Malfoy macrumors 6502a

Malfoy

2. Malfoy thread starter macrumors 6502a

Malfoy

3. ljay macrumors newbie

I ordered the see thru hard case and it should be here on Tuesday. I signed up for e-mail notification and ordered, two hours after I placed my order they were out of stock again.

4. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

when did you order yours? i placed my order last friday before 10am and they didnt ship mine out :(
    15' clear case

5. LargeNoggin macrumors newbie

Just purchased and installed Speck Clear See Thru for MacBook Pro late 2008 Model ( black keys ) and wanted to share my opinion.

The case installs very easily and fits VERY well. It adds a glossy look to the case that looks very nice in my opinion. I had previously tried the black satin see thru model which also fit very well.

I prefer the clear see thru as it takes nothing away from the look of the Macbook and allows the apple logo to shine through very clearly. While the logo is visible through the black, it is not as bright and takes on a purple hue. Not a big deal, but not my preference.

I can see that the clear will show small micro-scratches in the light as they develop. The black, on the other hand will hide scratches better, BUT shows fingerprints much worse. Pick you poison here....but I don't like fingerprints.

Obviously, it adds a little weight, but nothing that I find objectionable. The laptop with the case stills fits in my case logic reversible sleeve.

Anyone who has a new unibody MacBook Pro knows that the screen hinge is a little looser and the lid tends to "flop" some when at held at high angles ( as when laying on back on couch for instance ) The weight does tend to make the lid flop shut more easily.

All ports are readily accessible. My Kensington lock works fine.

Overall, I like it very much. My concern is purely limited to whether dust or dirt under the case would lead to scratches as some have suggested. I believe that regularly removing and cleaning the MacBook and case would prevent this. Incidentally, I had no problem at all removing the case from the MacBook.

6. ljay macrumors newbie

I ordered mine last Wednesday 10/17. I received it today. It has a great fit...my only issue with it is there is a hairline crack on the bottom portion just to the right of the track pad. I had the invisible shield on my previous 17 inch MBPRO and I think I like this solution better except for the added weight which is somewhat noticeable. I sold my old MBPRO to downsize and I think I'm now close to the same weight except I only have a fifteen inch screen now, also if anyone has the invisible shield and is considering placing one of these over it...forget about it. The fit is extremely close...which is nice.