Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

crazymac2010

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 22, 2010
Hi:
I just got a new macbook pro 13''. I am wondering whether i should get a speck/incase hardshell case to protect my mac.
I heard it may scratch the mac anyway, i don't how come?
and for the 2010 macbook pro, apple change the design of magsafe, so does those case fit?

Thanks

millertime021

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2010
AZ
Hi:
I just got a new macbook pro 13''. I am wondering whether i should get a speck/incase hardshell case to protect my mac.
I heard it may scratch the mac anyway, i don't how come?
and for the 2010 macbook pro, apple change the design of magsafe, so does those case fit?

Thanks

Mine's naked. For now at least. I was going to get a case initially, but I don't like the colors... the blue is too light. :rolleyes:
But anyway, another thing holding me back is the new magsafe. I've heard that it doesn't fit well with the current cases. If I pay $40 for a case, it better be perfect.

I do have an incase neoprene sleeve for my backpack.

yensteel

macrumors regular
Aug 17, 2009
Using a skin sounds like a better option for you. The skin won't interfere with the magsafe, can protect the computer from scratches, and does not scratch your computer.

If you are interested, then check out Wrapsol, Bodyguardz, and Invisibleshield. I can't think of other protectors as of now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.