Hardware acceleration in flash 10.1

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by karohan, Aug 16, 2010.

1. karohan macrumors 6502

Has anyone tried the new version of adobe flash with the hardware acceleration? Does it seem to present a lot of improvements? Also if I install it, how do I uninstall the current version? How do I remove this version when a new version comes out? Will Software Update automatically remove this version if a newer version comes out through apple's update?

2. Sankersizzle macrumors 6502a

Sankersizzle

hi! i've installed the updated flash player without uninstalling the old one (if that makes a difference) and my flash players still beats up my CPU and spikes my heat.

in other words, no difference here!

3. crazycatz macrumors newbie

Hi,

I upgraded to flash 10.1 last week... and have found that now when I watch video on certain sites in fullscreen, it plays back at a quite low framerate, and stutters quite a bit, which it has never done before the upgrade...

I have a new macbook pro i7,

ANy advice, suggestions? maybe I should just downgrade to the previous version?

4. Mac7 macrumors 6502a

Mac7

I didn't uninstall the old one either, are you suppose to?

But since installing the newer version youtube doesn't crash as much. But whenever I pause a clip and try to resume it doesn't resume.

5. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

Theres an installer in the utilities folder which will both install and uninstall. i'd advice people to uninstall before installing the new one...and yes there are improvements.

Your CPU might not get beaten as much but it doesn't mean your fans wont still spin up because your GPU is now doing the heavy lifting and will get hot (65nm as opposed to 45 or 32nm)