Hardware Capable of Supporting A Video Recording App?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thomazwrx, Jul 30, 2008.

1. thomazwrx macrumors newbie

I had asked this question before the iphone 3G release.. on Apple's discussion board and the answer i got was yes there will be a App of it in the store.
    Come launch day I eagerly check the app store and no app almost a month later and still no app for video recording.

Id post a link of the thread on apples discussion board where they said yes but when i looked under my posts its gone they deleted it.

So... Is the hardware on the iphone 3G even capable of recording video or is it a software limitation?

2. ivtecDOu macrumors 6502

ivtecDOu

it was done with installer on the first gen so i assume the hardware is capable

3. benzslrpee macrumors 6502

benzslrpee

you asked some random guy on the internet if the iPhone was going to have video capabilities...

to answer your question, not very likely. the hardware that's on the iPhone probably could do video only through motion jpeg or something but that will eat up a lot of battery life but i don't think the image processor could handle it.

4. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

I had a video recorder on my jailbroken 1st Gen iPhone that worked pretty well, so it certainly is a software limitation. I'm assuming the same is true for the 3G iPhones.

5. Next Tuesday macrumors 6502a

Next Tuesday

It definetly will. 1st gen iphone did thru a thrid party app and had voice and image and was actaully pretty good.

6. thomazwrx thread starter macrumors newbie

The image processor cant handle it?? Common My P.O.S. free cell phone now can record a daym video and the battery does just fine!
    If you guy & girls are saying your first gen iPhone JB can record a video... Im starting to believe this is a software limitation.

7. BergerFan macrumors 68020

BergerFan

99% of the issues we have with the iPhone, are software based.
    Because the shutter speed is slow on the camera, I don't think the quality would be 640x480 at 30 fps, but I'd guess it'll be capable of 320x240 at 15 fps.