Hardware hacking (modifying?)

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by Jakintosh™, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Jakintosh™ macrumors member

hey, i used to be the only kid at my school with a jailbroken ipod touch. but like 7,000 kids got one for xmas, and with jb so easy, they all did it. so now i want to do some hardware mods. like change colors of my ipod, or add things to it like a camera, or speaker, or something, but there is nothing on the internet anywhere. i was just wondering if any of you guys have tried something hardware related, and how it went, or wish to share it. if anyone has some useful knowledge, that'd be nice.

~Jakintosh

2. Jecko024 macrumors member

Jecko024

could always buy a mic from touchmods.net .......

3. iJiten macrumors member

If you want to be different, you could always buy a Zune.

As for modifications, perhaps get a skin to change the color.

4. quicklook2 macrumors 6502

quicklook2

5. Darkjenso macrumors regular

:rolleyes: like thats going to happen

6. Four20 macrumors 6502a

Four20

not shipping until mid-late feb. . .and i have reason to believe the packages will be late

7. syngatesa7x macrumors newbie

Whenever you see some n00b kid with a jailbroken touch, ask to see they're ipod and then when you're looking at it put it in restore mode, see if they can figure THAT out :D. Just kidding, that would be mean. One thing you could do would be send you're ipod in to ColorWare PC to get custom colors for only like 100 bucks. it's something that most likely nobody else will do or have done, and there's little to no risk of your ipod breaking.

8. Jakintosh™ thread starter macrumors member

haha like that restore mode idea, might teach them a lesson to get real skills before they attempt something like that. i was thinking about colorwarepc, i love some of the color combos you can do with that, but i cant get the front piece colored, and that was a deal breaker (i was gonna do like all white or something to match my macbook) so i was tryin to see if anyone had a cool idea for a weekend project. after midterms this week there's no homework and i got nothing to do. well thanks fir the ideas so far.

~Jakintosh

9. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

10. Jakintosh™ thread starter macrumors member

lol yes i do. thats my thing. i always have to be different. thats why i use a mac.

11. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

Heh you and millions of others :p

12. Jakintosh™ thread starter macrumors member

compared to the billions of people on the planet, we are not that big. and personally, i like that apple is getting bigger and more people are buying macs, but i like being part of the small group of people who get to use a mac everyday, and if apple ever took over microsoft, i'd be disappointed in not being as special anymore. but ipods on the other had, EVERYONE has, so there is where i have to be different with the same. its like "princeps", first among equal. i like having things other people don't. i don't know why, but i do. so if anyone has any ideas i'd appreciate it. :)

~Jakintosh