Hardware issue - high rpm fan

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by rgprestige, Sep 20, 2012.

1. rgprestige macrumors newbie

So this is probably a long shot, but I need some input/advice about a hardware issue on a mid 2008 13'' unibody macbook pro. Whats happening is that when I boot the machine up or wake the machine up from sleep, the fan hits max rpms and the computer slows down significantly (tried SMC reset). Upon investigation of the tasks running, "kernel_task" is using up about 80% CPU. Anyway, I ran a hardware test and received the error message "4SNS/1/40000000: TsOP-128.000". Upon further internet digging, I have come to the conclusion that this error message occurs in response to a faulty temperature sensor inside the machine, particularly the left palm rest sensor. Does anyone have any idea where this sensor is located? I have scoured the web and have only come across diagrams of 15'' mac pros that point specifically to these thermal sensors. I know its a long shot, but if someone perhaps more clever than I knows where this sensor is or can point me to a guide that shows where it is, I will forever be in your debt!!!

2. mankar4 macrumors 6502a

mankar4

have you looked through the teardown/dissection pictures across the web?