Hardware Longevitiy running bootcamp in Macbooks ? ?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by inertin, Sep 6, 2011.

1. inertin macrumors newbie

I would like to know if there is any technical studies or reports regarding change in the hardware components especially processor with fan and memory, battery, motherboard life by running bootcamp only in an intel mac machine ? Because I changed fan assembly and battery two times with processor resealed alongwith in a first generation macbook (which had it's motherboard changed after one year); and now again my fan is gone and processor gets heated up to 80 degree C. But with MAOSXSL running; it never gets heated up beyond 65 degrees... Now that I am using mid 2011 MBA; and rediscovering (or discovering :) ? )MACOSXL; thinking seriously to use MAC as primary OS with windows may be virtualised...
    Any experts can please throw light on this issue who has been running only bootcamp mostly in macbooks and did a comparsion on fan and processor life ?

2. ayeying macrumors 601

ayeying

There's nothing wrong. 80 deg C is nothing. The system is designed for up to 105 deg C before any real damage will occur.