hardware problem on pro.. replacement/question

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by twerk, Jan 20, 2009.

1. twerk macrumors member

to get right to the point:

i had a problem with my trackpad over the winter holidays. the trackpad and the keyboard wouldnt take any input randomly. This wouldnt stop until i restarted the computer. i bought my macbook pro in february of 2008 so i just within my warranty. i took it to the genius bar and they replaced the trackpad no problem. (since it was deemed the source of the problem) However when i got it back my backlighting on the keyboard didnt work as well as my login in password. Well i figured how to log in... somehow but i thought the trackpad issue was at least fixed. side note: I go to university in london ontario at western... so when i returned to classes after the break, last week the trackpad froze the computer again. I phoned apple back saying the issue was occurring again. the rep told me of two stores that could do a repair and since it was a recurring issue i had 90 days past my warranty to get it fixed. I said what if for some reason after i take it to the replacement store the problem occurs again. The rep said phone back lol

The problem is i dont feel that i have the time or can afford to not have a computer for a week. (it doesnt help im in computer science) During reading week im not going to be in the country. Is there anything that i can tell apple to sympathize with this situation?! or any ideas of what i can do?

2. Craigger macrumors newbie

I bought my 'pro from UofT and they said it needs 3 repairs before a replacement is ordered. cheers.

3. twerk thread starter macrumors member

:eek: threeeeee... to me if its a defective product, the issue that is recurring after the second replacment is an indicator enough for a replacement

4. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

You need the 3rd the repair before you can declare a lemon.

5. jasonrobb macrumors newbie