Hardware problems for ATV4 early adopters

Luz Rodríguez

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 4, 2015
I'm about to order a new Apple TV but I'm slightly on the fence in regards of there being a lot of hardware issues since it's pretty much a completely new device. What do you think?

taedouni

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2011
California
It's not a new device. It's the 4th Apple TV. No screen, not small, not held while being used means there's very little to worry about. No bending issues, antenna gate issues, screen coating issues, etc.

TrueBlou

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2014
Scotland
I'm about to order a new Apple TV but I'm slightly on the fence in regards of there being a lot of hardware issues since it's pretty much a completely new device. What do you think?
It'll be fine. The innards are tried and tested components based on last years iPhone 6. This is Apples 4th Apple TV based on this design (there were two revisions of the Apple TV 3.) and by and large Apple have a good track record.

If you want one, just buy it and don't worry so much :)

SlipperySlop

Suspended
Sep 14, 2015
How can anyone guess if there will be hardware issues? If you're concerned, then wait a few months and if there are so serious reports of issues, then get it.

MLJH

macrumors member
May 2, 2015
Newbury
I say get one, I've had a 1st Gen and currently have a 2nd Gen  TV. No issues what so ever. It isn't a new device it the fourth iteration.

I've ordered one and see there being any major issues, may possible get some software bugs but they would be fixed with a software update as is the same with the new releases of OS X & iOS.