Hardware problems for ATV4 early adopters

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by Luz Rodríguez, Oct 27, 2015.

1. Luz Rodríguez macrumors newbie

I'm about to order a new Apple TV but I'm slightly on the fence in regards of there being a lot of hardware issues since it's pretty much a completely new device. What do you think?

2. taedouni macrumors 65816

It's not a new device. It's the 4th Apple TV. No screen, not small, not held while being used means there's very little to worry about. No bending issues, antenna gate issues, screen coating issues, etc.

3. StevenWalker macrumors regular

I think you worry too much.

4. TrueBlou macrumors demi-god

TrueBlou

It'll be fine. The innards are tried and tested components based on last years iPhone 6. This is Apples 4th Apple TV based on this design (there were two revisions of the Apple TV 3.) and by and large Apple have a good track record.

If you want one, just buy it and don't worry so much :)

5. SlipperySlop Suspended

How can anyone guess if there will be hardware issues? If you're concerned, then wait a few months and if there are so serious reports of issues, then get it.

6. nasa25 macrumors 65816

maybe if it was a $1k item i'd be concerned, but its only $200

7. MLJH macrumors member

I say get one, I've had a 1st Gen and currently have a 2nd Gen  TV. No issues what so ever. It isn't a new device it the fourth iteration.

I've ordered one and see there being any major issues, may possible get some software bugs but they would be fixed with a software update as is the same with the new releases of OS X & iOS.