Hardware Question Newb :)

morepsitehbett4

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 13, 2006
4
0
what would i need to connect my powermac g5 to a playstation 2


thanks, i'm obviously a newb...i don't know if you need a tv adapter or not; i don't understand someone please enlighten me


thanks

-c
 

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
17,234
1,125
Your question doesn't involve any sort of display or television on which you'd be able to see the output of the computer or PS2...can you elaborate a bit further on what you're trying to do?

Do you have a PowerMac/display set up and you want to connect your PS2 to it? Or do you have a PS2 connected to a TV and you also want to connect your PowerMac to the TV? Or is it something else entirely?
 

morepsitehbett4

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 13, 2006
4
0
WildCowboy said:
Your question doesn't involve any sort of display or television on which you'd be able to see the output of the computer or PS2...can you elaborate a bit further on what you're trying to do?

Do you have a PowerMac/display set up and you want to connect your PS2 to it? Or do you have a PS2 connected to a TV and you also want to connect your PowerMac to the TV? Or is it something else entirely?

oh, sorry for the confusion yah...i want to use the g5 screen
 

morepsitehbett4

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 13, 2006
4
0
Unorthodox said:
You want to connect your PS2 to your PowerMac so you can play it on your Macs monitor, right?
If so, you need something like this...
You can also use it to record TV!

hmm...who else makes a good one...this is hardware, i only see the price for the software on their site
 

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
17,234
1,125
morepsitehbett4 said:
oh, sorry for the confusion yah...i want to use the g5 screen
Okay, so that's going to depend on what monitor you have. If your monitor has multiple inputs (at least one of which is compatible with the PS2 output), all you have to do is connect the PS2 to your monitor just like you would a TV. Then you just switch inputs on the monitor to move between the PowerMac and the PS2. But if you have a monitor with only one input (like the Apple Cinema Displays), that complicates things.

What's your setup?

morepsitehbett4 said:
hmm...who else makes a good one...this is hardware, i only see the price for the software on their site
You have to scroll down on the "Buy Now" page to see the Eye TV 250...it's $200. Great product though, and very versatile.
 

morepsitehbett4

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 13, 2006
4
0
WildCowboy said:
Okay, so that's going to depend on what monitor you have. If your monitor has multiple inputs (at least one of which is compatible with the PS2 output), all you have to do is connect the PS2 to your monitor just like you would a TV. Then you just switch inputs on the monitor to move between the PowerMac and the PS2. But if you have a monitor with only one input (like the Apple Cinema Displays), that complicates things.

What's your setup?

20" screen and

VVVVV




is this thread locked??????