Hardware Remote Desktop???

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by kamachi923, Jan 4, 2013.

1. kamachi923 macrumors newbie

Does anybody know of a hardware remote desktop solution. I have a macbook that I would like to use to control my work laptop that has windows. When my work laptop is on it has a vpn client to the company network that basically blocks any local access through my home network. So I was hoping for a hardware solution to control it. Something similar to the j5 create wormhole switch, but that also has video. Is there anything like this? or any other options that might be out there. Thanks.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You don't need any hardware to accomplish what you want. I use TeamViewer, which is free for personal use and works with Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, Ubuntu, iPhone, iPad, etc. It's very secure and quite simple to set up and use (no messing around with ports), which comes in handy if providing remote support to those who aren't very computer literate. You can talk them through the setup on their end and be connected to them in less than a minute. I prefer it over LogMeIn because it includes free file transfers between computers, a feature I use frequently.