Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Traeger2591

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 9, 2009
I'm sure many of you know about the program apple is offering to upgrade to the snow leopard operating system this september (details HERE). Anyway, what I am wondering is should I mail my order form in now or am I supposed to wait until september when the new OS is released?

I try filling the form out online but when I click on the link for buyers from the apple online store nothing happens for me. I can open the mail form to send in but I wasn't sure if I send it in now if I will still get the new OS in september. If I wait until september to do it, that would be 85 days from June 8 I believe so it would follow the rule of being postmarked within 90 days.

I just wasn't 100% sure and I was checking to see what I should do. Thanks guys.

tempusfugit

macrumors 65816
May 21, 2009
Chicago
i think you just have to resgister your machine within 90 days of buying (provided you bought it after june 1 or whatever the date is) and then you'll be able to get the discounted price when the product comes out. I believe I registered mine but i don't recall exactly what I did....

HLdan

macrumors 603
Aug 22, 2007
Just use that link you provided in your OP, choose either U.S. or Canadian customer. Put in your date of purchase and your serial and where you bought it? It will qualify your system and then take you to the online store to pay the $9.95 shipping. It will ship sometime in September. That's all.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.