Harman Kardon Go+Play iPod alarm problem

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Ian Gray, Jan 4, 2008.

1. Ian Gray macrumors newbie

I seem to have found a problem with the Harman Kardon iPod Go+Play docking speaker. It won't work with the iPod alarm. The Go+Play shuts itself off when not in use and it doesn't turn on when the iPod alarm wakes up, so I can't leave the speaker dock on overnight.

I was given the HK for Xmas, and we thought it would be a replacement for the no-longer made Apple Hi Fi (which we have and love). The HK sounds better but doesn't wake us up. It also doesn't work in video mode with many of the newer iPods, like the Nano, Classic and Touch.:(

2. superleccy macrumors 6502a

superleccy

Shame if this is true; I just ordered one. :(

Looks and sounds great though, cool design; nicely portable.

Anyone else any experiences?

SL

3. MorleyD macrumors newbie

I just got mine last night and the remote does not work properly with my ipod touch. It does not raise or lower the volume. I can scroll through the options and scroll through the songs (awkwardly). The sound is really great, much better than the bose. I have not tried the alarm, but I just thought I would mention this other potential flaw/problem.

4. superleccy macrumors 6502a

superleccy

When you try and change the volume from the remote, what colour does the LED flash on the remote? Blue or Orange?

If it's Orange, then press the square button on the remote to toggle into the 'other' mode.

The remote works fine for me (although I have a Classic, not a Touch), but it's far from intuitive.

SL

PS: My review - Sounds really really great (and that's the important thing), love the design. Yes the handle does get in the way of operating/viewing the iPod itself but for me that's only a minor issue. Remote is functional but irritating. Not tried the alarm or using video out. I wish it had a headphone socket.