Harman Kardon Wireless Sound Sticks

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Gavzooka, Jan 19, 2013.

1. Gavzooka macrumors member

2. Bear macrumors G3

They should work with a Mac.

And the pictures I saw are stylized and the manual for it at the Harmon Kardon site indicate you need to hook up wires. And if you think about it, where would the satellite speakers get their power from?

Although why do you want to pay extra for the BlueTooth capability for an iMac? It would be less expensive to get the SoundStick III and a USB audio in/out.

3. Gavzooka thread starter macrumors member

Thanks

I'd pay extra for less wires and clutter....appreciate the wired version is a bit cheaper but my speakers are generally very long term investments and I don't mind paying £30 extra for the bluetooth. My Last speakers were brought about 10-12 years ago.....they're still going but as I've just converted to an iMac from PC, I want something that looks the business as well as performs.

4. Bear macrumors G3

I can undertsand that, but in this case it looks like it's only one wire being saved. And I understand about good speakers lasting a long time, I have the original USB SoundSticks (about 10 years old) so I don't have to worry about speaker jacks on the computer.

5. Outrigger macrumors 68000

Outrigger

don't you still need to power the speakers with wires? it seems these so called "wireless" speakers are not really wireless.