Harmless new iPhone seculation

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by laxlaxlax, Jun 4, 2009.

1. laxlaxlax macrumors newbie

I thought it would be interesting to look back at the slides from the iPhone OS 3.0 preview presentation Apple did a couple of month back to try and get some clues as to what the next iPhone has in store.

Just looking at the new API's and feature slides anyone what to have a guess at what some of the more obscure ones might mean?

There's some interesting ones like OTA profiles, toolbars, nav bars and audio & video tags.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. kisbys macrumors regular

I don't think they mean anything just some acronims (pardon my spelling) to keep the techies happy, you know like german cars have them and you think oooh until you work out that SHP is actually "sliding cup holder"!!

3. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

OTA stands for "Over the air"... that's all I know.

4. Alan Taylor macrumors 6502

Alan Taylor

Tab Bars and Navigation Bars are part of iPhone Applications, I believe they just point to more in-SDK support. Note that they have been in the iPhone since version 1.

Tab bars are the black bars at the bottom of an app like the Clock, iPod and iTunes apps, and the Navigation Bars are for moving between screens such as a list of artists in iPod, into album, then songs - and the ability to go back via the Navigation Bar at the top of the screen.