Harrased and talked down by an Apple Employee

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by JohnR2k5, Mar 14, 2015.

1. JohnR2k5 macrumors newbie

Hello all,

I would like to contact Apple regarding an incident last month in which I was harassed and talked down by an Apple Retail Store employee. Could someone please tell me which phone number or email to use to contact Apple directly and file a complain? Many thanks.

John

2. turtle777 macrumors 6502a

Why did you not ask to speak to the Store Manager ?

-t

3. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

In my opinion, you should have spoken with management right then. Since you wish to escalate the matter, I believe you should follow the proper chain of command, by contacting the store manager and being as specific as you can be in regards to the incident in question, by typing up a letter to give to the manager.

Call the store in question and find out when the manager is going to be there, and schedule an appointment.

Following the chain of command in a professional manner should yield results. If after meeting with the store manager you don't believe your concerns where properly addressed, you can then contact (800)-275-2273.

4. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

Another number for Apple Customer Relations - 1-800-767-2275.
    See what they can do for you

Or, call the normal contact number for Apple Service, and ask to be connected to Customer Relations. Explain why you are calling (try to keep a cool head, just tell your facts as you know them, and you will likely get more effective help, better than launching into a rant :D )

5. MatthewLTL macrumors 68000

MatthewLTL

I actually experienced something simular at Best Buy when taking a computer in to be fixed under warranty. Called to complain, come to find out it WAS the manager that treated me that way.

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Usually if I feel like an employee was not dealing with me professionally, I talk directly to his manager. Why not call the apple store and ask to talk to the manager or go back there and state your case?

7. RossMak macrumors 6502

RossMak

Reporting this a month later is probably going to mean you will not get the result you were looking for and probably have you upset at the outcome.

A month after it happens is hard to investigate and anyone accused would just have to say they don't specifically remember the details or remember you at all.

8. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

What exactly happened? Posting the story could help.

9. Royksöpp macrumors 6502

Royksöpp

You should have grabbed him by the back of the neck and and slammed his head onto a table. :apple:

10. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    That's one of those things that feels really good in the moment, but you regret it later when the police get involved, and the lawsuits start rolling in.

...not that that's stopped me yet. :mad:

11. turtle777 macrumors 6502a

This.

At this point, it's a waste of time.

The OP needs to let it go, and learn the lesson that issues like this need to be addresed in a timely manner.

-t

12. Yr Blues macrumors 68020

At least send a brief e-mail. They take them seriously.

13. AutoUnion39 macrumors 601

AutoUnion39

I wish this was the case, but sometimes the manager is just as bad. Perfect example is the Cambridge Apple Store. The genius and his manager talked down to me like I was an idiot. However, I didn't make a scene out of it. Called AppleCare, got my case up to a senior advisor, and everything was settled quickly.

14. citizenzen macrumors 65816

If after one month you're still stewing about it, then the problem is not the Apple employee.

15. FieldingMellish Suspended

What precipitated the Apple employee to respond to the OP in a manner that might be construed as a dressing down?

16. Jimmy James macrumors 68040

17. koa macrumors 6502

18. Gutwrench macrumors 65816

Gutwrench

I'm thinking Apple employees and customers should have to wear body cams.

19. decafjava macrumors 68000

decafjava

Doubt it...:rolleyes:

20. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 601

The-Real-Deal82

I think the OP has left it far too long to lodge a complaint and may result in the offending employee and his colleagues having no recollection of the incident. They should have asked to speak to the manager there and then.

21. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

22. iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

You should have gotten this haircut...

Attached Files:

23. Traverse macrumors 603

Traverse

You sir, are hilarious. :)

----------

Apple store employees are usually okay (in my opinion). I got annoyed once when I my MacBook back to them after a repair because they damaged the hinge. They kept saying they didn't hear it pop or feel it stick. I felt like they were insinuating I was making it up.

---

I would have asked for the manager. That worked well for me one time to get $100 of a MBP.

24. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    Well, I've always thought so...