Harry Potter (Movie and Final Book)

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by jamesybsu, Jul 5, 2007.

1. jamesybsu macrumors regular

So how many of us are ready for "a week to remember" in the Harry Potter world, between the new movie comming out Friday, July 13th and the seventh and final :( book on Friday, July 20th?

2. G5Unit macrumors 68020

G5Unit

3. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Just an FYI, there's an existing thread about the last book and a thread about the coming theme park. :D

4. jamesybsu thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah but my thread is cooler! hahah JK - thanks for the link :)

5. princealfie macrumors 68030

princealfie

Yawn, could care less.
    My iPhone is more important! :D

6. jamesybsu thread starter macrumors regular

haha well i guess when you take your iPhone out of the case and stop staring at it, you can get online and watch some of the trailers from your nice new phone :)

7. Motley macrumors 6502

Otherwise, you do care :p

8. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

He just cares so little that he doesn't even care to check exactly how much he cares or doesn't care. :p

That said, I am looking forward to the movie. Can't be bothered to read the books, though. Too many other great books that haven't been/won't be made into movies waiting out there.

9. jamesybsu thread starter macrumors regular

That could be true, but thats kind of a sad excuse not to read the books! They are much better than the movies!

10. Bogie macrumors regular

I haven't read any of the books or seen the movies, but I have to admit...I am tempted.

11. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

I have a preorder place and it supposed to be delivered to where I am on teh release date of the book.

I am not currently any where near a place that is taking preorders and I am not in the mood to try to find it on release day around here only to find it is sold out. So much easier and less stressful to have it just shipped to me.

12. skierdude macrumors member

skierdude

that was the stupidest youtube video ever:mad:

13. christall109 macrumors 6502

Dude I am so ready for this.

I've spent the 3 months getting ready by reading all 6 books in order and I am currently watching all the movies.

Deathly Hollows will be delivered to my door step on July 21st via Amazon.com. I've ordered the previous books this way and they always arrive in the early morning with the rest of my mail. I am totally psyched yet don't want Harry Potter to end. It has been what I think, equivalent to Homer's Odyssy & Illiad, and Star Wars. It has become a modern classic.

I have to ask, do you think Snape is evil or good? Do you think when just before Dumbledore dies, that he was pleading to Severus to not kill Harry? I mean Snape is a smart guy and he must of noticed the 2 brooms on top of the astronomy tower. Right? I have a gut feeling though that Snape truly is EVIL.

14. twistedlegato macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

Snape is definitely a good guy.

15. rickvanr macrumors 68040

rickvanr

My local theatre was playing the movie this weekend. I thought it wasn't opening until next week. Is the movie in other cities too?

16. kretzy macrumors 604

kretzy

I'm excited about the movie and it comes out here on Wednesday so I'm going to try and book tickets today sometime.

But I'm really really really excited about the book - I've already pre-ordered it and I'll be at the bookstore first thing on the day to get it. I'm then locking myself in my room until i've read the entire thing! :D