Harsh Aluminum? Anyone else feel this way?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jmallen2982, Jun 20, 2009.

1. jmallen2982 macrumors newbie

So I'm new here guys. Well new to posting anyway, and you may remember me having recently ruined my old white MacBook with a water spill. At any rate, I just got a new super-discounted MacBook through my university. So I am an owner of the weird Aluminum MacBook. I realize this is the MBP forum, but I feel the topic is better discussed here, since this is exclusively the domain of MBPs now.

But anyone else feel that the aluminum case is a bit harsh? Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the precision build quality and the sturdiness. It's awesome, for sure, but sometimes I feel that it's a bit harsh. It sort of hurts my arms where they rest against the edge or the upper case. I guess I never thought about having a laptop made entirely out of metal, and if that would have some drawbacks!

Anyway do any of you guys feel this way, and if so, have you come up with something that helps? Is there some sort of padding you could buy maybe? I dunno.

2. ChazDaSpaz macrumors regular

What do you mean by harsh? Do you mean the edges are sharp? Maybe that's a sign that you're typing in a bad position for your wrists. If your wrist position is low or bad it could lead to RSI... I normally type with my wrists further up or hovering over my keyboard (then again, I'm a pianist) but still, if it's uncomfortable for you I'm sure you can use something like a sweatband or thick sleeves to shield against the edges.

3. RiCEADDiCTBOY macrumors 6502a

RiCEADDiCTBOY

wrap it in bubblewrap then girly man. :rolleyes: