Harware test failure yet Macbook works

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Artmuzz, Jul 18, 2009.

1. Artmuzz macrumors 6502

Hi,

I did a Hardware Test on my old white MacBook by pressing "D" while booting up and did the test. 7 seconds in doing the test while it is scanning the logic board it tells me I have a hardware error!:eek: The error code is 4MEM/1/40000000 23d13a34

I dont understand why I get this hardware error because on the "more info" on the "about this mac" it tells me that both RAM I have installed seems to be OK. My Macbook seems to work like a charm yet Hardware Test tells me there is a Hardware error.

Whats going on?

Art

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

That definitely is a RAM error, but why you are getting it with working RAM is the question

Are you using stock RAM or have you added/swapped any RAM

Perhaps the diagnostics is reading it as unsupported RAM, but it indeed works

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

3. Artmuzz thread starter macrumors 6502

The MacBook came with 512mb. I added another (Apple certified) 512mb which I bought from eBay as Logic Pro requires 1gb to work properly. I have no problems with any of the RAM and my MacBook tells me that both RAM modules are fine yet Apple Hardware Test tells me there is a hardware error. Hmmmm!

Art

4. andalusia macrumors 68030

andalusia

Perhaps it was advertised as Apple certified, but wasn't really?

5. Artmuzz thread starter macrumors 6502

No, the RAM came in the Apple box. But I guess you can't believe what you read nowadays.

Art