Has 4.0.1 caused you any problems?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mrat93, Jul 20, 2010.

?

Has iOS 4.0.1 affected your phone at all?

1. Yes, it bricked my phone!

7 vote(s)
    6.8%
  2. Yes, there are some performance issues.

19 vote(s)
    18.4%
  3. No, it's exactly the same as 4.0

77 vote(s)
    74.8%
  1. mrat93 macrumors 65816

mrat93

I'm just curious to see how many people are actually affected by the supposed issues caused by iOS 4.0.1.

2. Hellishness macrumors 65816

Hellishness

I haven't been reading much within the last few days, but I've been getting the "No SIM" error ever since updating to 4.0.1, but I updated hours after getting my iP4, so it might not have anything to do with 4.0.1. I'll be trying my luck at the Genius bar in about half an hour.

3. spartanrob macrumors 6502

spartanrob

No. If anything, I think my battery has been better.

4. Reluctant Adept macrumors member

If you want a poll that has a meaningful result, you might actually want to represent the range of possible experiences. Having the only options as "it's way worse, it's worse, and it's the same" biases the poll a little, don't you think?

I haven't had any trouble that is 4.0.1 specific, and I benefit from both the Exchange fix and having a more meaningful indication of signal strength. Put me down for one of the answers you left off the poll.

5. ectlu93 macrumors member

ectlu93

6. jkrutch macrumors regular

Intermittent one-way audio. I can hear my calling party, but they can't hear me. Got a new phone yesterday and it did not resolve the issue. And no, it's not a proximity sensor issue. I had it happen both with and without BT.

It happens very rarely, but it annoying. It started last Thursday immediately following the update. Hopefully to be soon resolved...

On a strange note, and although theoretically impossible, I believe the issue might be related to an app. The reason for my statement is that the phone swap proves it is not hardware related, and it appears that I am the only one having this issue (at least on the forums). Must be something related to the software on my phone.

7. Drag'nGT macrumors 68000

Drag'nGT

This will be a misleading poll since 3G owners like myself will vote yes but it's because iOS4 sucks on the 3G any way.

I have now downgraded back to 3.1.3.

8. d21mike macrumors 68040

d21mike

+1, I had the exact same reaction.

9. draz macrumors 6502a

No issues for me. But I found that my 3G is a bit faster now than it was in iOS 4.0

10. Jazzandmetal? macrumors regular

Less bars.

I always had a full 5 at my house now only 3-4. But not really an issue since I have not dropped calls or anything. So I guess...no, no problems. Just a small difference.

11. AppleThis&That macrumors regular

AppleThis&That

Yeah, I just got my first iPhone ever, 8GB 3GS for $99 (Mainly for budget reasons) and love it. Hey, it's my first smartphone. I'm behind. ;-)

Anyhow, I drove around town all day on 5 bars testing it out after I purchased it. Then I got home and updated the software. The bars were better before the update. What's with that? I haven't had a dropped call but it is like one bar lower than before.

Anyhow, it shouldn't effect me since my reception is high all the time but just curious why it's slightly lower than before.

12. spencers macrumors 68020

spencers

Looks like the bloody 4.01 has transferred the IPhone4 antenna grip problem TO MY 3GS.

13. Stein357 macrumors 6502

All 4.0.1 did was give people a more realistic view of your bars. Apple originally had it like this except the 1st bar was smaller when the 3G was first released and people complained of poor signal, so Apple just made their bars more optimistic and now they're reversed it, shocking I know.

4.0.1 is exactly the same for me on my 3GS, it's fine other than the phone lags when a lot of applications are open.

14. cole01 macrumors 6502

I do seem to have some weird bugs that didn't show up as much before I updated my iPhone 4 to 4.0.1.

1) In the "Messages" app, the phone sometimes doesn't auto-lock or dim the screen at all.

2) When sending texts, the green bubble often shows that I've inserted another blank line into the text by pressing "return" even though I haven't.

Other than those two issues, I'm really enjoying my iPhone 4.

15. Insilin1i macrumors regular

On my 3G I actually get service in areas (Inside building at school) that it would just drop out, 3G works now with 1 bar now instead of going to edge. This might be just me, though I'm in Canada so reception is pretty much good everywhere.

16. hardax macrumors regular

17. bub macrumors member

It gave my iPhone 4 an "error 21" and I was unable to restore it. I fixed it/worked around it by creating a new user account on my Mac with admin rights and restoring the phone under that account. I couldn't figure out how to restore from a backup though, so I had to sync it and set up my info and preferences on it like it was new. I was not happy about that. No problems since then but now I'm kinda scared of updates.

18. ftorrez macrumors newbie

Has anyone had a issue where you lose all bars and it goes to searching. Then it stays stuck in searching till I turn it off and then back on. Once I turn it back on its back to 4 bars.

19. atiffarooq macrumors 6502

atiffarooq

No issues here either. I'll repeat some of the statements a couple of the other guys have said in that I think that your poll could have done with some more (and better) options.

20. DynaFXD macrumors 6502a

DynaFXD

No option for "Chose not to install" ? :confused: I did not upgrade my 3G's to iOS4 as I did not need the extra functionality and I did not upgrade my iP4 to 4.01 because I could care less about the bar situation represented on my phone screen; it works just fine as is. I guess others in weak signal areas may benefit though, I dunno. I'll wait for a more full featured 4.1 release instead of fixing what isn't broke (based on my usage of the phone).