Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ktmrocks

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 22, 2007
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.50 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.1.11355/524; U; en))

I like the MBA & find it quite sexy. But its also a step downward than the MB. Has anyone 'upgraded'?

Goldcard

macrumors regular
Jan 10, 2006
St. Paul, MN
I will be "upgrading" as you put it to a MBA this summer. I've started putting all of the photos and music from my computer onto my fiances computer so that I am able to save hard drive space on the Air. I'm definitely excited for it as it is much needed!

Plus: I dont consider it a downgrade because I'm running a 12inch ibook G4 with a 1.33ghz processor :(

Westsider 4 Mac

macrumors regular
Apr 12, 2007
On the West Side
Definitely

a different style of laptop use involved as you just do not have the space or the features of a MB vs a MBA. If weight is the primary feature, then the MBA is the way, otherwise, I definitely think it is a downgrade from a MB, spec wise.:apple:

SFStateStudent

macrumors 604
Aug 28, 2007
San Francisco California, USA
Well, since August '07, I've had the MB 2.16, went to the BlackBook 2.4 Penryn, then to the MBA, back to the BlackBook 2.4, then to a MBP 2.2 and I'm still not satisfied! Little bit on the dizzy side, but without the MBA. Yep, the lack of hard drive space was the biggest factor, on the flip-side, the transportability was awesome. Best lookin' computer I've ever owned, but needed the MBA to do so much more than sit there as "eye candy!" I'm waiting for the next MBA release and goin' "top shelf" and grabbing the top of the line MBA in August '08! :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.