Has anybody figured out how to make folders in Pages?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by filmbuff, Jan 12, 2011.

1. filmbuff macrumors 6502a

filmbuff

I bought the Pages app because I needed a word processor with me in class. I already worked out how to move documents to and from my computer but does anybody know how to organize 'my documents' in Pages? Right now it is just a really long list of files that I have to scroll through. It would be great if I could put them in folders, or even just have them organized alphabetically.

Also it seems like the "search" function on the iPad is kind of useless if it can't even find these individual documents for me.

2. saberahul macrumors 68040

You cannot make folders. If Apple decides to incorporate that feature into the app, it will be available when the update is released. Until then you're stuck scrolling with your fingers.

3. JFApple macrumors newbie

Yes.... Similar to the way we make folders on the home screen, folders can be made in Pages by tapping Edit, holding the document that you want, dragging it over another document and finally, release your finger.
    Hope this helps...

4. TheWheelMan macrumors 6502a

TheWheelMan

Sounds more like you don't know how to use Pages. The first thing I did when I started using Pages over a year ago was figure out how to make folders.

5. saberahul macrumors 68040

Thanks for the nice comments; however, I know for a fact that at that time Pages for iOS did not allow you to make folders.