Has anybody gotten iPhone insurance through Worth Ave group?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SirStrumalot, Oct 24, 2011.

1. SirStrumalot macrumors 6502

Any opinions if you have? It seems good, but maybe too good so I'd like to see whether anyone has actually used them before.

http://www.worthavegroup.com/

The large advantage I see over Applecare+ is that they cover theft and losses as well.

2. WorthAveGroup macrumors newbie

SirStrumAlot,

My name is Aaron Cooper. I am the director of Marketing for Worth Ave. Group.

I would be happy to answer any questions about the company and/or our insurance offerings.

I would like to note that the word "loss" in insurance terms does not refer to "lost". We do not cover devices that have simply been misplaced.

However, if you leave your phone in your cup holder at the movie theater, and return shortly after to retrieve it and it is no longer there but has not been turned in, then someone has stolen that device. It would be covered. You would simply be required to file a police report, which can typically be done via telephone.

3. melman101 macrumors 68030

I bought the iPad policy for my iPad 2. I haven't had to use it yet, but I'm sure it will be great if I need it. That's what insurance is for :).

4. AllieCat0817 macrumors newbie

Im considering it. Currently have Verizons Total Equipment Coverage with a $169 deductible, 9.99 a month Still trying to weigh the differences.

5. DollaTwentyFive macrumors 6502a

I have policies with WAG for 2 iPhones, an iPad, ipad2 and MBA. Haven't had to use them, thankfully, but I have called with questions and they are always helpful and knowledgeable. Looking at the policy info, it looks like they are underwritten by Hanover Insurance in Worcester, MA. This is where I grew up so I am familiar with Hanover and feel comfortable with them.