has anybody networked vista and leopard successfully?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by TheNorthWaves, Feb 23, 2008.

1. TheNorthWaves macrumors 6502

And could you please tell me how? I'm moderately computer literate (ie: I dual booted my IBM T61 with vista and ubuntu) so I can try what people throw at me. I just don't know where to begin.

I have bonjour running on the mac mini (10.5.2) and bonjour is running on my IBM T61 as well. The mini can communicate and share files just fine, with my Powerbook G4-667. The T61 shows up in the left side bar on my mac mini, I click on it, it won't let me sign in as anything but a guest, and I get two folders (C and public) which I click on --> "The operation cannot be completed because the original item for 'C' cannot be found". What the hell? lol.

I don't know if this is a problem with my mac or with windows. All I know is that I continue to hate windows. Thanks to anyone who can help me out.

2. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Try adding another account to Vista then when you click on the share log in as a user rather than guest.

3. iCeFuSiOn macrumors 6502a

I managed to get Windows Vista and Mac OS X 10.5 to network perfectly, just make sure that Windows Vista's firewall is properly configured to allow file sharing (you can find this in the Network and Sharing Center in the Control Panel). The computer should then show up under "Shared" in the finder and let you connect to it.