Has anybody noticed degraded Voice quality with iPhone 4?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by teekayx, Jul 3, 2010.

1. teekayx macrumors newbie

And this is not easy to notice, because only the receiving end of the call notices the poorer voice quality. I have an iPhone 4 and since I am using it, people on the other end of the call complain about worse voice quality. Firstly I didn't believe it, until I was called myself by a friend with iPhone 4 [...] We cross checked it and he could confirm that the quality of what he was hearing was worse than before when I was using a 3GS. Same the other way round. We tested it with different locations and crosschecked by calling landlines and not mobiles with the same result - the receiving end always said the voice quality was poorer than before I used an iPhone 4.

So I am asking you guys to ask the next person you call if the quality of the call has been better before or not..

I think this has something to do with the noise-cancellation going over the board with trying to noise-cancel. It's just a guess, I dont know what it is, but I find this much worse than the reception issue...

2. vansouza macrumors 68000

vansouza

The search feature is your friend :) .
    As for me quite the opposite... the sound for my ear and those listening seems to be far and by far I mean a whole lot better.

3. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

People have mentioned to me how much better I sound on the iPhone 4 compared to my 3GS. Dunno what to tell you.

4. teekayx thread starter macrumors newbie

well and I hear the complete opposite from people.. :/ This is quite annoying.