Has anybody sold an iPad on Ebay?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by PharmDoc, Mar 3, 2011.

1. PharmDoc macrumors 6502

Just as the title says...looking for advice so as to prevent fraud from the buyer (empty box claims, etc..) What did you do to prove that you shipped an iPad?

I've been trying CL but no luck there as it's saturated right now. I should have sold it 2 weeks ago

2. deeddawg macrumors 604

ebay has all the info you need: http://pages.ebay.com/paypal/seller/

Empty box claims are a little more difficult since it's difficult to prove which side is lying. Best solution is to set your options to disallow buyers with little/no/negative feedback.

3. PharmDoc thread starter macrumors 6502

Yea I saw those but I was checking to see if anybody did anything extra to prove that they shipped an iPad. Videos? Pictures? I know ebay sides on the buyers side most of the time so I was just looking to provide extra proof in case I ever needed to. Thanks.

4. deeddawg macrumors 604

Trouble with pictures or video is how to prove you didn't then take the ipad back out of the box?

5. PharmDoc thread starter macrumors 6502

yea... this is why I'd rather deal with CL than Ebay. No fees, no claims. Face to face cash transaction. What could be easier?

6. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Arrive at the post office, turn on the camcorder, pack it up and hand it to the clerk, turn off the camcorder.

There's no fool-proof way, but that comes pretty close.