Has anybody tried cutting up their Mini SIM yet?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mossme89, Jun 23, 2010.

1. mossme89 macrumors 6502

This may be a bit premature, but has anybody tried (or heard of anybody who has tried) to cut up their old iphone mini sim and put it in iphone 4?

2. Higgs1 macrumors 6502

Higgs1

i cut mine up and put it in my iPad and it worked great :) well up until the point i returned my iPad lol but yeah, ur cut sim card will work just fine, just make sure u cut it to the correct size so it doesn't get stuck in the phone

3. UnseenLlama macrumors 6502a

UnseenLlama

I think you mean cutting the full size SIM to the micro size SIM. Correct? Thought about doing this. There was another thread where the person couldn't get his phone activated, so he did end up cutting the SIM and it sort of worked.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=946630

4. mossme89 thread starter macrumors 6502

I saw this but it got a bit confusing. If i had an already activated SIM (albeit cut up), why wouldn't it work to activate the iPhone? I did this with a gophone SIM for the 3G and 3GS and it worked fine! Does this mean i have to pay for a month of service before switching SIMs? I got my iPhone from ebay...

5. elephunkman macrumors 65816

Mini sim is a full size sim, just sounds weird :)

6. Drag'nGT macrumors 68000

Drag'nGT

Short of importing your contacts... why do this?

7. mossme89 thread starter macrumors 6502

Well just because i've been using a gophone SIM just because it's like $40 cheaper. I really just use my phone for calling (less than 60min/mo), texting (200messages/mon) and occasional data. I'd be blowing like $40 more a month for an iPhone plan.

Plus it worked for the 3GS and 3G where i put in this SIM and it activated right off the bat, why not now? Do you think maybe AT&T's activation servers are not fully up yet or funky?