Has anybody tried taking a photo upside down?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by harry20larry, Sep 14, 2009.

1. harry20larry macrumors 6502a

harry20larry

I know this might sound crazy, but hear me out:
    Taking a portrait photo on the iPhone with one hand often leads to blurry pictures because because you have to hold the device so low down to press the button.
    However, flip the iPhone upside down and voila, you can hold the iPhone with a firm grip and the button is perfectly positioned for your thumb.
    Try it out and see what you think.

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

3. samcraig macrumors P6

By "it" do you mean take photos - or something else? Just wanted clarification ;)

4. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

What is it with everyone posting suggestions that light my electronics on fire?!?!!!111

5. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

I don't like taking photos upside down because I tend to fall over and break stuff.

6. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

7. Moi un Mouton macrumors 68000

I found that too !!!!!

I'd just got myself balanced in the perfect handstand, just got the iphone between my teeth with my nose ready to touch the "shoot" button, and Ami, the girl I was photographing, moved....... trying to adjust and follow her, my feet hit the fish-tank, the fish-tank fell on the cat which was trying at the time to catch one of the goldfish, the cat ran off and pulled the curtain off its rail, and the carpet was soaked as well as being covered in broken glass and expiring fish. Not to mention what Ami said, just when we'd been getting along so well...

I think I'll stick to taking photos the right way up in future.

8. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Jessica, the question was about taking photos upside down, not THAT!

9. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

LOL we'll, I've never been upside down during that so ...
    Besides, ... never mind.

10. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

I just do the trick where I hold down the shutter button and it takes the pictures when I let go. I also usually hold it with 2 hands. :D (I'm one of the 5 people in the world with a naked iphone so I try to make sure it doesn't drop :eek:)

11. Moi un Mouton macrumors 68000

Now, if Apple would only set the phone so that the speaker-volume button was the shutter release in camera mode, we would not have any of these problems!

12. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

Jailbroken phones can DL an app that has this feature. :D I believe it's called Snapture. I don't use it though because the free version is weak and I'm too cheap to pay for a camera when my phone already has one.