Has anybody tried this iDisk Access app? (iStorage)

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by macbookairman, Oct 4, 2008.

1. macbookairman macrumors 6502a

I saw this here: http://appshopper.com/productivity/istorage

(Appshopper is Arn's new website)

The reviews in iTunes aren't that great, but i'm guessing that was before they updated the application. Has anybody tried it recently to see how well it works?

iTunes Link

2. odelay macrumors 6502

Yeah, I've tried it. Deleted shortly after installing it. Too unstable at the moment, keeps crashing. Some nice ideas though. Just wish Files or Air Sharing provided this functionality (like MobileMe iDisk access) as I much prefer the look and feel (and stability!) of them.

3. MikeatOSX2008 macrumors newbie

iStorage

I'm a fan of iStorage:

I bought (downloaded) 12 file-managers, up/downloaders, files-viewers to find the "swiss knife" (AirSharing, Caravan, DataCase, DropCopy, FileMagnet, Files, FileSync, Folders, FTPOnTheGo, iStorage, PicVault, MobileFinder). iStorage is an app which comes nearest to this wish.

In my first attempt I downloaded an Apple update (.dmg) and a wmv video file to my iPhone and successfuly sent theses files to my Mac via FTP and vice versa on the Mac I fetched them from my iPhone with WebDAV (all via WLAN). Great!
    I sent files to my homepage server far away and downloaded files from there to my iPhone (last via slowest telephone line, not WLAN).
    Pictures can be copied to and from iPhone's own pic folder to the iStorage documents folder and then be viewed, edited or sent to wherever you want. And pics can be viewed better than with other file managers (except PicVault).
    Text files can be edited like with Caravan and MobileFinder.
    Don't really know which features I didn't use yet.
    Sorry to say, that there is no start / folder-hiding password like within Files, Folders and PicVault.
    And: iStorage's own web browser can handle bookmarks, but often cannot open several web-sites. Hope that will be better in the next version, when more people buy this great app.