has anybody used electronic king before?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by marshy01, Feb 27, 2012.

1. marshy01 macrumors newbie

2. fisherking macrumors 603

fisherking

if it seems to good to be true... ;)

check out their rating on ebay uk, see if the name and the word 'scam' turn anything up on google...

3. marshy01 thread starter macrumors newbie

just did what you said and your right :(
    scammers, shipping straight from hong kong...loooks like a full priced mac it is lol

4. Acorn macrumors 68020

Acorn

i would also actually go into the feedback and see what it was. sometimes people rack up their score by selling useless small items like cards and such.

*edit nevermind you figured them out.

5. Ccrew macrumors 68020

6. kamz87 macrumors newbie

I have used them before.

I usually put in a best offer. I paid £50 less than RRP.

Delivery is super quick. Yes it's not from UK but it arrives literally in a couple of days.

That was the last time I used them for an iPad

7. cool11 macrumors 65816

cool11

Any other satisfied or dissatisfied customers to share their experience?

8. baloothebear197 macrumors newbie

Avoid them like the plague

I bought a Macbook Pro Retina from them on the 21st of october last year. What they delivered was a Mid 2012 retina, started a ebay case against them, they issued me a £100 refund and offered me a 2 year warranty as i could get an applecare warranty due to the macbook being over 12 months old.

Macbook now has gone faulty the warranty is a joke as they are not honouring it, and ebay cant do anything as you can only have one case opened against each sale, once its closed that it. No matter if the seller backs out on the deal, ebay money back guarantee is a joke.

Google the seller and you can see hundreds of entries about the seller doing just this. They are a power seller and know ebays policies, you are playing right it there hands by opening a case. I would not recommend using this seller at all, AVOID THEM LIKE THE PLAGUE:mad:

9. cool11 macrumors 65816

cool11

You asked him a specific model of macbook pro, or just a 'macbook pro'?

10. accountforit macrumors 6502a

Actually, ebay buyer protection is not a joke. You got what you wanted from the seller the first time around and used that buyer protection to get what you wanted. Now you want them to go after a seller to enforce a warranty? You chose to shop on ebay most likely to save money, used buyer protection to solve your first issue, and now you are just unlucky with another issue. You agreed to ebay's terms when you chose to shop there.

11. baloothebear197 macrumors newbie

Oh yes it is

Buying from ebay or not if a seller gives you a warranty and then doesn't honour it then hes a bad seller. What i find a joke about the ebay guarantee is that the reason i closed the case i had opened against him on ebay was he offered me a 2 year warranty, seeing id saved over £800 off the apple price who wouldnt say yes.

12. baloothebear197 macrumors newbie

Electronic King Inc

What i bought was a Macbook Pro 15.4" Retina Feb 2013 model what i received was a mid 2012 version model MD831LL/A.

Apart from that it was as advertised, brand new in a box. I'm just disappointed they could stick to the promise with the warranty.

If you want a cheap apple product buying it from them is fine but make sure you can put the applecare warranty on it or you'll be in the same position as me. Stuck with there warranty which isn't worth the paper its written on.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: