Has anybody used third party Lightning Adapters?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by bobright, Jan 4, 2013.

1. bobright macrumors 601

2. Spasepok macrumors member

I have not used, but I've found an article which says:

Like information indicated at Apple official store, as third-party, Esorun’s adapters will identically let users connect devices with a Lightning connector to all 30-pin accessories. All those adapters support analogue audio output, USB audio, as well as syncing and charging, except Video output which Apple’s official adapter also does not work. The wholesale price is between 5 usd and 6.5 usd, much cheaper than Apple’s official price.

Read more:
    http://www.sfgate.com/business/prwe...ty-Lightning-to-30-pin-Adapter-vs-4063862.php

3. bobright thread starter macrumors 601

Nice, maybe I'll give one a shot

4. From A Buick 8 macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

I bought one, the touch screen on my phone would become unresponsive when i used the adapter. So i guess buyer beware, i am sure there are good ones.

5. wxman2003 Suspended

6. bdoople macrumors member

bdoople

The knock-offs are being seized for using Apple's logos and whatnot. I got a boxwave cable from Amazon and I can verify that it works 100%. No issues with the phone when it's plugged in and it charges and syncs with the cable either way. Not a bargain basement eBay cable but still cheaper.

http://www.amazon.com/BoxWave-Lightning-Cable-Devices-Connector/dp/B0009F6M9O/ref=pd_cart_recs2

7. spinedoc77 macrumors G3

spinedoc77

I won't take any chances with my $749 phone just to save $7 on a cable, heck I think Walmart had them on sale for $17 the other day. I had way too many issues with my 4s and 3rd party cables.

The only gripe I have is I wish apple would make black cables.

8. Meltdownblitz macrumors 65816

I can verify this as well. They had a sale once so I purchased one to try it out. It actually works pretty good, can't tell the difference between the 2 besides the connector is a little bigger.

9. Spasepok macrumors member

I agree sometimes saving few $ can cause a lot of troubles.