Has anyone actually gotten their money back from element case?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by random person, Aug 14, 2010.

1. random person macrumors 6502a

Has anyone actually gotten their money back from these guys, either via returning the Vapor or canceling a preorder? I ordered a vapor, never received it, and asked for my money back. Got an email almost instantly saying my status had changed to "refunded." Except that I wasn't refunded! I'll recover this through Amex no problem (their email to me makes it an airtight situation) but im starting to think these guys are beyond deceptive -- they are fraudulent. They will take your money early and often and not return it!!! I order stuff online all the time and this is the absolute first time this has ever happened to me.

Are these guys really brazen enough to think they can get away with this kind of behavior??

2. mes09 macrumors newbie

I have a similar situation, except that rather than refunding my money they decided to ship it out 10 days AFTER I tried to initiate an order cancellation. Now I've been sent a shipping notice, 3 days after my status changed to shipped which states it hasn't actually been shipped. I've sent several e-mails to these people, tried to get anyone via phone, initiated a PayPal dispute, but as it's shipped now I doubt PayPal will be any help.

I'm not even opening it, just sending it back right away and I will get my money back, even if I have to go through my credit card as well.

3. falconeight Guest

falconeight

Yes I sent them an email to cancel and they cancelled same day.

4. troop231 macrumors 603

Yes, I did via a Paypal dispute. Took about 3 days.

5. mes09 macrumors newbie

What e-mail did you use? I've tried nearly every one on their sites and ten days later I have received no response.

6. random person thread starter macrumors 6502a

Falcon and troop did you actually get money back or just an email saying that your order was refunded?

7. MultiMediaWill macrumors 68000

Why are you guys returning it? Signal loss? Poor sized ports? Too expensive for its quality?

8. Artood2s macrumors newbie

Sell that sucker on eBay. Apparently, there are plenty of suckers willing to pay top dollar for a performance-handicapping case.

9. Zandian macrumors regular

I emailed a few times with no response, then filed a PayPal dispute. They credited my PayPal account within a couple days.

Z

10. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep