Has anyone actually plugged in a Verizon LTE card into a macbook?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by maokh, Dec 7, 2010.

1. maokh macrumors 6502

Nearly every other type of WWAN device (USB, express, etc) shows up as a USB high speed serial device. You can use other Verizon modems without "VZAccess Manager" if you really wanted to.

Has anyone actually plugged in an LTE modem to see if this is also the case? While you may not have a fancy usage graph, access to your bill, etc. I highly suspect it would work just fine.

2. panzer06 macrumors 68030

panzer06

There's a 4GB LTE MiFI hotspot coming out this week. Much better than a USB modem since it will offer up wifi to multiple devices.

Cheers,

3. tjb1 macrumors 68000

I dont see why you want to adopt Verizons 4G so early when its only in a handful of cities and I believe they said nationwide coverage by 2013 but they barely have nationwide 1X as it is...

4. maokh thread starter macrumors 6502

The cities that I am do have LTE coverage, besides, the fallback to 1xRTT/EVDO is available. I already have service, so why not upgrade.

Anyway, MiFi sounds a lot better ... ill probably wait.

5. revelated macrumors 6502a

revelated

Tried it. Snow Leopard sees the type of card correctly, but we don't know the connection parameters to test. Tried a bunch of different things, no go.