Has anyone been able to buy the Mini Server from the apple store?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking' started by cis4life, Oct 23, 2009.

1. cis4life macrumors regular

Wondering if any apple stores near you had the new mini server, here in orlando they haven't come in.

2. gdc macrumors member

I'm in the UK, and the London store isn't going to have them in stock until the end of the month. So I ordered one from the online store yesterday afternoon, and had it by 10:00 this morning. Impressive!

3. allmIne macrumors 6502a

allmIne

That really is quick! What do you plan to use it for? (A server, sure, but in the home? Small office?) They're so cool, but I think in the UK there's less of a market for them... it seems more of an American thing to use them as media centres. I never really hear on the forums of UK users setting up media centres around minis. Maybe because of Sky or something.

4. mhawk1 macrumors newbie

I tried to get one in the 14th St Apple store in Manhattan but they weren't available yet, so I've ordered one online. I'll just be using it as a home server.

5. cis4life thread starter macrumors regular

Well,

I just decided to go to the mall and had them check in the back. And sure enough, they had them in the back and just hadn't put them out to the front yet. So I just picked up one. Haven't even opened it. I have alot to do tonight. I picked up a new netgear wireless N router with 4 gigabit switch and a 8 port gigabit netgear proswitch. So ill first get that up and running and reset all my ip reserves and port forwarding and then setup my new mac server.

Exciting Times Ahead ( I know that sounded real nerdy :D )

6. gdc macrumors member

Yes, it will be used as a file server in the office of the start up I work for. It's a predominantly Windows XP environment, and it's really just the file server/time machine back up capability I want. I plan to use the two 500 GB disks in a mirrored RAID 1, and have a 1 TB firewire 800 external disk to use for time machine.