Has anyone been able to find the iPad 2 Dock?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by PatriotInvasion, Mar 25, 2011.

1. PatriotInvasion macrumors 68000

PatriotInvasion

No Apple Stores have them in stock and say they never received a shipment. I finally decided to just order online last night, but the ship date says April 14th:mad:

Strange that Apple didn't have those in-store at launch alongside SmartCovers. They're missing out on an easy $29 and giving people time to find other alternatives.

2. jddar macrumors regular

jddar

None here in Atlanta either. Ordered from Apple.com and mine has a ship date of April 11 and delivery April 15.

3. peaceActivist macrumors regular

peaceActivist

due to the lack of an apple made dock, i created my own out of the 4th gen ipod docks using a dremel, cement glue, and acrylic plastic to raise the back end for support. No need to go out an buy a specific dock, for me at least.

4. Blacklabel34 macrumors 6502

^Post pics please

5. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Would like to see pics too

6. imacericg macrumors regular

I went to Apple Store and the sales person handed me the original dock and said it would fit. I declined and ordered it online. I have a shipping date of April 1.

7. blevins321 macrumors 68030

Amazon has it available and discounted HERE.

Edit: I didn't think that there was an iPad 2 dock..that they were just selling the first one. It fits, no?

8. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

That is the iPad 1 dock not iPad 2

9. jyatch macrumors newbie

Yatch

If you have a local BrookStone store near you, they have the Apple Ipad docking stations. That is where I got mine from. Good Luck

10. wshields macrumors newbie

I noticed the iPad dock when I made my March 11 iPad order and decided to order one. Due for April delivery. I think they're just late rather than in short supply.

11. bcaslis macrumors 68020

None available in any of the store here. Ordered it online, said ships in 1 - 3 weeks.

12. PatriotInvasion thread starter macrumors 68000

PatriotInvasion

Thumbs down for this Apple. Love my iPad 2, but want a dock for it to sit pretty next to my iMac and iPhone 4 on my desktop. Since the dock will likely be different for iPad 3, I'd like to at least get 11 months out of this thing!:mad:

13. byeehaaw macrumors 6502

however i do see an excess of the dock with the keyboards. They've been sitting in every target ive been to lol

14. Sodner macrumors 68020

Sodner

Could not find one in store either so I went ahead and placed an order online with Apple.

My question, and I asked this in another thread, "Is this dock going to work with the smart cover on?" May seem like a dumb question but if you look close at the picture online is seems like there is a lip on the bottom and I'm wondering if that is going to push up on the smart cover.

15. boch82 macrumors 6502

iPad 1 dock works fine

16. Brookzy macrumors 601

Brookzy

17. coldpower27 macrumors regular

Do you guys need the dock with the smart cover? I was using the smart cover to prop up my iPad2 near my desk and I find it works quite well a dock is totally unnecessary but to each his own...

18. Steelers7510, Mar 28, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2011

Steelers7510 macrumors 6502

Steelers7510

I ordered the dock on March 11th and it is still "Not Yet Shipped". I think it said 1 to 3 weeks shipping when I ordered it. So they have until Friday to ship it to me or I'm going to try and get something comped like everyone was doing with the smart covers.

UPDATE: I received a shipping email today from apple on the LAST day of the window. Should be here on the 6th.