Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brinary001

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 4, 2012
Midwest, USA
I recently picked up a pair of Beats Solo 3 wireless headphones and I love them. They sound great and it's super convenient switching them out with all my apple products. But I also have a Samsung 4K TV that has the option to output sound via Bluetooth that I'd like to pair them with, but when I put my Beats into pairing mode they don't show up on my TV. Has anyone paired anything with Apple's W1 chip to non-Apple devices? Is that even possible?

Knowimagination

macrumors 68020
Apr 6, 2010
Ultimately they are just bluetooth headphones, so I can't think of any reason that they wouldn't show up for a device as long as they are properly placed in pairing mode

darthbane2k

macrumors 68000
Oct 22, 2009
I've paired solo 3s to an android phone. Make sure you are holding down the left button until all LEDs flash

CharlesShaw

macrumors 68000
May 8, 2015
I recently picked up a pair of Beats Solo 3 wireless headphones and I love them. They sound great and it's super convenient switching them out with all my apple products. But I also have a Samsung 4K TV that has the option to output sound via Bluetooth that I'd like to pair them with, but when I put my Beats into pairing mode they don't show up on my TV. Has anyone paired anything with Apple's W1 chip to non-Apple devices? Is that even possible?

Have you been able to pair any other BT headphones to this TV?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.