Has anyone been charged twice?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Iphoneuser5188, Sep 18, 2014.

1. Iphoneuser5188 macrumors newbie

Sprint charged me a amount of 405.00 and 408.00 when I only ordered 1 iphone 6 and the orignal amount was 408 and now my debit card has a negative balance will they cancel my order?

2. Munky macrumors 6502

Sound like you need to call sprint customer service, not MacRumors message board.

3. JDfromMA macrumors newbie

I know for my job the first charge is generally just a temp hold and the second charge is the actual charge. I would recommend calling the carrier ASAP to verify.

4. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

Sounds like they did a pre-authorization for $408. Then, rather then posting (charging) against that authorization. They made a new charge for $405.

I'd definitely call them and find out whats going on. You can also have them void one of the authorization charges which typically will help it appear in your available funds faster.

5. Iphoneuser5188 thread starter macrumors newbie

The 405.85 shows 09/17/2014 while the 408 shows processing. So you might be right. The problem is I can't call right now because I'm at work. Hopefully it doesn't interefer with the shipping :(

6. techn9ne macrumors member

Yeah I've been seeing people post about this, wondering if they're being charged twice. As far as I know, it's most likely a holding charge that will be disappearing soon. Keep an eye out on your virtual bank statement and you should see it go away soon. If it's still there by Monday, then I'd give a call.