Has anyone been having excessive lock-ups?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by shirazik, Apr 15, 2008.

1. shirazik macrumors newbie

Recently (past month or so) my iPhone has been locking up about 5 times a week. I'm not talking about a minor lock-up, I'm talking about nasty ones.

For example, my phone completely froze on me for 30 MINUTES last week. It was essentially a paperweight for 30 minutes. I tried to turn it off, restart it, plug into the wall and the computer, nothing happened. I was close to throwing it at the wall. Finally after 30 minutes it restarted on it's own. I was pissed.

Yesterday my friend calls me and I slide to answer...but the slider doesn't move...and my phone keeps ringing, for one minute straight. Then when the ringing finally stopped, the phone was frozen; it wouldn't turn off, home button didn't register, etc. I decided to wait for a few minutes, foolishly thinking it would fix itself since it is known as the Jesus phone. Finally restarted it. When it booted up again I was sending a text, once I hit send...IT FROZE. Same thing, home/power button didn't work so I had to restart it once again.

This can't be normal. I have had my phone since August and it has never done this (at least to this extent). There are other problems with my phone, such as terrible reception, insane amount of dropped calls, and touch screen unresponsiveness to name a few. I think my phone is just pruning. help?

2. SFC Archer macrumors 68000

SFC Archer

Do a complete restore so that everything resets to baseline. If it doesnt work then I would take it in and attempt to get it replaced.

3. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

I have been getting severe crashes when visiting tuaw.com.

For the record, hold Home + Power until the iPhone restarts.

4. pazreal macrumors regular

I get map and safari crashes a few times a day, it is very annoying.

5. birdmangriffin macrumors newbie

6. ikare macrumors member

My phone has also crashed, I have alot of problems with Internet and Youtube then it seems my edge and wi-fi doesnt work so I have to reboot it several times till it feels like working again...