Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CACTUARU

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 17, 2008
Going to Apple tonight to swap out my iPhone 5 due to small chips. Purchased on launch day, but know that I only have a few more days to do something about it. Has anyone been turned away by Genius for the complaint being too minute?

Thanks!

Merkie

macrumors 68020
Oct 23, 2008
I don't know if they're going to be easy on you becasue it's been almost a month after purchase.

cababah

macrumors 68000
Jun 11, 2009
SF Bay Area, CA
I live in the Bay Area and am surrounded by lots of Apple stores. I have been to many of them and found that it really depends on the store and the genius working there. I have had amazing luck getting things replaced without hassle at one store and clawing tooth and nail at another.

If your particular store has been handing out replacement phones left and right they might start getting more strict on the policy and have a frame of reference for what they consider "scuffed enough for a replacement."

NovemberWhiskey

macrumors 68040
May 18, 2009
I was originally turned away because I purchased from BB, but they eventually did a swap without too much hassle. I just told them BB refuses to help me, which was true.

The replacement they offered had a very minute scratch on it. It wasn't a big deal, and I had planned on taking it anyways, but since I was there I asked if I could see another one. The genius said yes, but double checked with his manager that said no--that it was too minor. I agree, it is really minor. I even had trouble finding it today.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.