Has anyone been willing to swap...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by itsmemuffins, Nov 28, 2013.

1. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

I went to the Belfast Apple Store on launch day to get my 5s. I wanted the white/silver this year but by the time they got to me all they had was the Space Grey.

Having driven two and a half hours to the store and waited in line for over 4 hours I wasn't going to go home empty handed so I got the Space Grey.

My plan was to get back and swap it for the silver but they had limited stock and every time I rang they had none in. I wasn't going to head up again just on the off chance.

I resigned myself to sticking with the Space Grey. Lately though I've been really hankering for the silver. My plan was to swap with someone I knew either they were getting one or had a silver (with extra money from me to if they had a brand new one or to sweeten the deal).

No one seems to want the Space Grey. All my friends want the silver or gold. So no swap for me. :(

Has anyone successfully swapped? (If you found yourself in the same predicament as me) Or does everyone you know want the silver or gold?

Of course I could sell mine and get the silver but I need a phone and don't really have the funds to get the silver first and then sell my phone.

2. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

As far as I'm aware, apple will not swap to a different color

3. itsmemuffins thread starter macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

I realise this and I was going to return for a refund and get the colour I initially wanted. Belfast was only getting a few silver in a week so time ran out.

Since a lot of my friends are getting the 5s I thought they'd do a deal with me but no dice.

4. eddyecb macrumors regular

Since you're from Belfast maybe try gumtree? Ask for documents to prove its pay as you go just incase and you're golden

5. itsmemuffins thread starter macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

I'm not actually in Northern Ireland. Belfast is the only Apple Store in the whole of the island of Ireland.

I'm in the republic. I would buy on adverts.ie as I've sold my old iPhones there.

I was just curious to see if anyone swapped a silver for a Space Grey.