Has anyone bought a case that helps prevent the antenna issue (that's not a bumper)?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bowlman23, Jun 25, 2010.

1. bowlman23 macrumors regular

My phone drops signal like almost everyone on here when my hand hits the antenna. I think that I'll have to live with it and buy a case. Has anyone bought a case that actually prevented the antenna issue that's not a bumper?

I don't want a bumper...

2. gnortenjones macrumors regular

Any case that covers the sides should do the trick. I got a Griffin Reveal, and it works perfectly.

3. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

4. bowlman23 thread starter macrumors regular

Does the iFrogz cover the flash??? I know the Griffin Reveal does...

5. Kavier macrumors 6502a

Kavier

Griffin Reveal didn't work for my husband's phone. We bought it last night, and his signal till goes down to no service.

6. bhattsan macrumors member

I have the belkin grip vue clear and it fixed the issue, although the sleep button is a bit hard to press right now. Might return it once I get the invisible shield and wait for the white bumper but this case definitely removes the issue :)

7. wikoogle macrumors 6502a

wikoogle

8. iMrNiceGuy0023 macrumors 68000

I tried it with a silicone case and the signal went down....but you have to hold the phone extremely tight in order for the signal bars to go down....

but anyway I havent had any problems from my normal usage of the phone, plus I use the headset to talk majority of the time

9. B2fl3 macrumors newbie

I got a ifrogz case and the disappearing bars issue is gone but when I do a speedtest or do anything that require 3G it doesn't work even though it still shows 5 bars.

10. sanders4617 macrumors member

iFrogz case.. Works GREAT! Better reception now than with the 3G I had.. and the 3G service(internet) is 2x faster when browsing. Its much much better. I am really happy with the phone now.

11. Ogrillion macrumors member

I think its the AT&T and not the phone..

3g has worked fine all morning for me but this afternoon and now I can't load anything via 3g.. I had to switch to edge..

I am in Eastern PA

12. sanders4617 macrumors member

In that case.. if you have service and the phone won't load pages, then yes, it is AT&T.. I haven't had that problem. If your phone is having reception issues (while your others didn't).. Then there is no way you can blame AT&T. That is Apple. AT&T has always worked great for me as far as reception goes. Yeah, if I go into a rural area, I am gonna lose some reception, but there isn't a carrier out there who covers everywhere. When you find it, let me know.

BTW.. A friend of mine has Verizon and his internet is slower than AT&T. So don't always think that Verizon is the answer.