Has anyone bought a iPhone refurb from Apple.com?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by djearlybird, Sep 13, 2007.

1. djearlybird macrumors regular

I am thinking of picking up a refurb iPhone, and want to hear from people who already have. Comments/ Complaints about the one your received? Thanks!

Also, can you stream a shared iTunes library to an iPhone, like from a computer on your home network(like you can on iTV)?:apple:

2. djearlybird thread starter macrumors regular

3. miranda.danny macrumors member

miranda.danny

I am also thinking about getting a refurbed 8 GB iPhone! Any good experiences would be great to push me over the edge and get one.

4. cyclone84 macrumors regular

I got one (4GB - 399) before the announcement...called Apple and got a $150 refund...so, paid 250 for it in the end. Looks and acts brand new. I'm guessing they packaged new 4GBs as refurbished in prep for the pending discontinuation of them...has the newer LCD screen and everything.

Highly recommend going refurb.

5. Snide macrumors 6502a

Snide

I also got the 4 gig for $399 (1 week before price reduction). It was immaculate.
    In my case, I was happy to eat the $40 restocking fee to return it. I didn't
    want to wait, so I went to the local Apple Store and grabbed an new 8 Gig unit,
    then sent the 4 gig back. Apple sent me link to an online prepaid Fedex label.

I plan on getting a refurbished iPod classic as soon as they are available.

Some will say that the refurbs are actually better than new; each unit is tested
    (battery life, ect), and you're pretty much guaranteed you'll never get one that's DOA.

6. VoodooDaddy macrumors 65816

I got both a 4gb and an 8gb refurb. No complaints from me.

7. petefza macrumors newbie

Just curious...what do you mean by the newer LCD screen? Thanks.

8. mongoose8p macrumors regular

i bought an 8 gb refurb after price drop because $50.00 is still a good amount to save its great no complaints its unlocked running on tmobile which is also been fantastic!

9. knoxelwood macrumors newbie

My wife and I received our 8 Gb refurbs yesterday. They looked brand new and have worked great so far.

10. Mondochuk macrumors newbie

Got my refurb 8GB on Monday after ordering about 20 minutes after the priced drop :D
    Great condition, looks new to me, only difference is the box. Haven't had ANY issues to date.

11. twistedlegato macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

They seem so cheap! I'd get one if it was not for Cingular (ATT) and if it had more than 8GB.

12. klimegreen macrumors newbie

refurb iphone

while i cannot speak from direct experiene, my friend got one this way and for all intends and purposes he's pretty much got a new iPhone. from what he could tell, it didn't look like the package was even opened. maybe a return or something? i would think a return in shrinkwrap goes back on the shelf, but maybe not. in any event, he recommends it.

13. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

I got one as well. Appears to be 100% new, had protective plastic wrap around phone and all. Works flawlessly, and I'll continue to buy all refurbed products from apple, as it's well worth the discount.

14. michaelsaxon macrumors 6502

Got one for my wife and it was in perfect condition.

15. ghall macrumors 68040

ghall

I just got one the other day. I can't even tell it's a refurb, besides the box, but who cares about the box right?

16. djearlybird thread starter macrumors regular

17. Sobe macrumors 68000

Sobe

People with cool iPhone boxes > people with refurb boxes.

:p